1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Calibration Work Instructions - Template Needed for Audit

Discussion in 'Gage Calibration and Uncertainty' started by Mark Paul, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Mark Paul

Mark Paul Member

PLEASE LOCATE ME IN PROPER THREAD. Need Work Instructions for Calibrations of Calipers, Micrometers, etc. We have an AS9100C Audit this month - Next year will attempt TS 16949. What we have is rudimentary and dis-jointed. Does anyone have basic cal. work instructions that can be shared so we can build up our 7.6 QSWI's to more than what I have pasted below?
    Thanks.

1. SCOPE
    1.1 This work instruction describes the process for Calibrating Calipers

2. REQUIRED EQUIPMENT
    2.1 Certified or Calibrated (Which One?) Gage Block Set or Certified Micrometer Length Standard

3. PROCEDURE
    3.1 Clean and inspect rack and measuring faces, both I.D. & O.D for damage.

3.2 Move sliding jaw over operating range checking for binding & sticking

3.3 Check accuracy and repeatability at zero, mid-range and max range based on available standards.

3.4 Record the following data: Mean Value, Actual Value, Disposition, Date and Inspector.

3.5 If Caliper is acceptable apply new calibration sticker and return to service. If not acceptable, repair or replace.

4. TOLERANCE
    4.1 0-6” ±.001
    0-12” ±.0015
    0-24” ±.002

2. QAengineer13

QAengineer13 Member

Hi Mark,

Please refer to attachment, hope this helps, Good Luck with your audit!

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

BradM and Mark Paul like this.
  3. Mark Paul

Mark Paul Member

Thanks! That helps a bit. We'll be ok.