1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Worst-case protein concentration for degradation study for cleaning

Discussion in 'Manufacturing and Related Processes' started by Sunny, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Sunny

Sunny New Member

Hi all, I'm new here so this is my very first thread! I'm in the process of setting up a degradation study for a cleaning process and I'm a bit stuck with how to determine the worst-case protein concentration for my bench scale study that represents the actual process. Say I have several chromatography steps and a last filtration step before the product is in it's 'final', then I would take the equipment used for final filtration which I know the protein concentration going in. When cleaning it will have several rinses before the actual cleaning agent, how do I determine the concentration of protein to work with for my bench scale with the cleaning agent? Any suggestions welcome. Thank you!