1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

When is VDA6 converting to ISO9001:2015 ?

Discussion in 'VDA Standards - Verband der Automobilindustrie' started by rlewing, Mar 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. rlewing

rlewing Member

Hi,
    It has been suggsted that VDA6.x would give us a new good "platform" for supplier audits.
    Looking at the books, I find several references to ISO 9001:2008 - and I started to think that there will be an update coming to VDA6.x also. With quick look, I did not find info about that from www.vda.de . I wonder if anyone knows?

Since our suppliers for the most part are not automotive suppliers, their QS is more like 9001 and audits would be a bit smoother if we use the latest version of 9001.

tnx. Raimo

2. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

AIAG has a Guideline for supplier audits-CQI-19

3. rlewing

rlewing Member

Thanks, MCW8888
    Googling with CQI-19 brought some interesting material to me.

However that was not answer to my question, so I must ask again: What is the schedule of VDA6.x upgrade considering ISO9001:2008->2015? My boss is specifically interested in VDA (due to customer 'suggestions').

4. Gary Hutto

Gary Hutto New Member

I would not expect a possible update to VDA 6.3 until the new release of TS 16949 of which it is based.