1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

The critical path

Discussion in 'Other Quality and Business Related Topics' started by sergiu, Jul 15, 2019.

1. sergiu

sergiu Member

hey all can you please help me with this task i just got lost in it. the question is.

Define activities (critical path) that can bring risks to your projects (e.g. tool development, supplier validation).can you please advise me how i can manage this one.

2. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Hello, Sergiu.

Without knowing the scope of the project, it may be difficult for us to provide any worthwhile help.

3. sergiu

sergiu Member

i try to understend the question and how i can manage this one is taken out from vda6.3 im new on this things and for me right now looks very hard .i hope i can get a general ideea about this one.the project is for Draxmaier company.

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Is this the first time your organization has done automotive work (to vda6.3)?

sergiu likes this.
  5. Miner

Miner Moderator Staff Member

The first step would be to develop a project plan then determine the critical path within that plan. Next, perform a risk assessment on those tasks that lie on the critical path. What is the probability and impact on the project schedule of various failure modes? Is the technology used in the design or the process new? This would be higher risk than existing technology. Is there only one supplier for a new material or component? Higher risk than if there were existing already approved suppliers. Is there tooling with a long lead time AND a high probability of design modifications? The possibilities may not be endless, but there are many of them.

6. sergiu

sergiu Member

Thank you for your answer .now i did understend.thank you

7. sergiu

sergiu Member

yes its the first time whend they have this and i try to understend the VDA 6.3.