1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

SWOT also for processes?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Qualmx, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Hi all

I decided for 4.1, to analize it by using a SWOT, but at addressing risk in 6.1, considering
    4. and 4.2 , I wonder if I should use also SWOT for each process?

First, I was thinking for the addressing of processes only to invite to processes owners and
    do a brainstorming session, after that, to detect which risk to register.

I think that doing a swot for processes, I can make the management of risk very complicated and confuse.

Please share your thoughts.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Yes, you will.

yodon and Qualmx like this.
  3. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

A SWOT is a good tool for strategic brainstorming and monitoring of high level issues, but it may not be adequate for all purposes. I suggest checklists for transactional processes, FMEA for complex processes and SWOTs for management processes. Even these three are not the extent of possible tools.

yodon, Atul Khandekar and Qualmx like this.
  4. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

We don't use SWOT in each process. We use SWOT analysis in strategic planning. SWOT is a good tool for establishing the organization's strategic directions to support the fulfillment of its vision. A sample is attached for your reference.

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

5. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Thanks Jenni
    I decided to use fishbone in general and for the context,swot .for fishbone,
    In the head of fish,the risk,in bones the causes which dont help me to avoid risk.
    Example in production
    In head, (1) risk of releasing bad product, possible causes,in machine (2)(instruments),in (3)people,poor training and so on.
    Once analized,I can evalute the risk value in general (1) or for every cause 2 and 3.
    It could be sufficient to consider it in general,but when consider 2 and 3, is possible to get more details.
    Once values are defined, I define treatment according to a risk matrix and a reference as to what action is needed to take according the values,and finally the monitoring.
    Please give some feedback regarding risk addressing.
    Of course I also have the list of risks for the follow-up and a like technical sheet of every analized risk.

MCW8888 likes this.
  6. jaltangerel

jaltangerel Member

Thank you

tony s likes this.
  7. The PPAP Assassin

The PPAP Assassin Active Member

Why did this give me a headache? :confused: