1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Setting LTPD when the customer isn't a retailer but final customer itself

Discussion in 'Sampling, Standards and Inspection' started by Nicola, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Nicola

Nicola New Member

I just joined the forum and i'm a beginner in the field of quality. So, i would like to ask you which LPTD should i use to design an acceptance sampling. For example,if i have to set a LPTD for quality control of coffee packaging(the customer isn't a retailer), is it reasonable setting LPTD to 5%, whatever is the AQL?
    The final customer check the coffee brick before buying, so he isn't able to discern the source of the defect.

2. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

I think Quality is about much more than not being caught. Quality is about the relentless pursuit of perfection.

That said you really can’t set the LTPD to be equal to the AQL.
    The AQL is the defect rate that is acceptable to ship most of the time. (In most published plans, the AQL is the defect rate that will be accepted 95% of the time when it occurs)
    The LTPD is defect rate that will be rejected 90% of the time when it occurs.