1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Risk Based Thinking Course (ISO 9001:2015 course)

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by k_richer, Mar 24, 2017.

1. k_richer

k_richer Member

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for everyone's feed back in my last post. A quality email subscription that i subscribe to has recently emailed me about a couple courses they are offering in my area, and one of them was a "ISO 9001:2015 and Risk Based Thinking Course"

IMO, I think its kind of expensive ($650 for a 1 day course) and was wondering if anyone has taken one of these types of courses since the new standard has come into effect?

A couple years ago, I took the standard iso 9001:2008 internal auditor course, but haven't taken any formal training regarding the new standard.

Has anyone taken any of these courses?
    I don't necessarily think I need training on the 2015 standard, because I've read it (probably like 5 times now, working on the new implementation) so I'd be more interested if it was like 90% risk based thinking training?

Any thoughts?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I'd anticipate it's more likely 90% ISO and not much on risk, other than maybe pushing things like FMEA or something. You might be much better off simply finding a consultant who understands this stuff, since "RBT" isn't difficult to comprehend or implement in a QMS. What's at risk here is that you might get overwhelmed, looking for something on "Risk" which them dives off into ISO 31000, which is a minefield...(but a good document for insomniacs)

k_richer likes this.
  3. k_richer

k_richer Member

Thanks Andy,

That's what I was kind of thinking the course would be as well.

Andy Nichols likes this.