1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Research Survey regarding ISO 9001:2015 terminology & impacts

Discussion in 'Coffee Break and Community Discussion Forum' started by aurora, Jun 27, 2016.

1. aurora

aurora Member

I am helping my brother distribute an online questionnaire titled 'An Examination of the Effects of the Inclusion of ‘Risk’ and ‘Leadership’ in ISO Quality Standards' for his dissertation research with the hope that he can reach out to a wide spectrum of people/expertise/positions in order to aid his research. He is interested in the different opinions of: Management, Engineers, Project, QA Experts, Clients etc and I thought members here might be so kind as to take 10 minutes out of their day to complete a questionnaire (I know how all quality folk love a survey ;))

A bit about him:

"I am doing research with the University of Aberdeen and kindly request your assistance to help my research benefit everyone that is using ISO 9001. As you may be aware a new version of ISO 9001:2015 has recently been released with new terms, such as; “risk-based thinking”, “leadership and commitment”, and “performance-based requirements”.

This survey, which takes about 5 to 10 minutes, aims to understand the different ways in which terminology is interpreted and assess the impacts of ISO 9001:2015 in the quality management systems. By participating in this survey you will allow for a wider understanding of these terms to be analyzed and shared. This will help improve industry’s preparedness for ISO 9001:2015. I thank you for your help, and please let me know if you have any questions."

The questionnaire is anonymous and must be completed before 15/7/16 for results to be included in his paper.

If you wish to participate please follow this link:

http://goo.gl/forms/lNp76KKSDUli8k6c2

When the research paper is published by the University I will post a link below.

Thanks for your time and feel free to fire any questions this way.

Mods if this is not the right forum please move/remove as you see fit :)

2. David Gilbert

David Gilbert New Member

Hi Members,

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has participated in the survey and say to everyone else that there is still time to participate if your interested. I am still looking for people to help me distribute the survey, so please if you have time, can you share the link to as many of your colleagues as possible? With 1 week remaining, I am still interested in what the different opinions of: management, engineers, project, QA experts, clients etc. A link is below:

http://goo.gl/forms/lNp76KKSDUli8k6c2

Thank you all for your support - some of the preliminary results are below:
    45% of participants agree that risk based thinking involves taking advantage of opportunities (the ISO 9001:2015 definition) where as 75% of participants agree that it involves 'reducing hazards associated with errors or mistakes to an acceptable level' (which is not explicitly stated in ISO 9001). In addition 48% of participants define risk as 'consequence x frequency'. We are also generating data that details the time and number of people required to implement the change to ISO9001:2015.

If you would like to find out more or are interested in the results, please let me know (email me at quality.management.survey@gmail.com) and I can share my thesis once its complete at the end of august.

3. Jughead172

Jughead172 Member

I like to if this survey could be initiated again