1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

QMS assistance to factories to resolve NC

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by ISO9001TD, Jun 17, 2022.

1. ISO9001TD

ISO9001TD Member

What is the extent QMS personnel can go to help a factory resolve a nonconformance? Can a member of the QMS work one on one with a factory manager to guide them and help them figure out the problem, root cause and action plan? What are the boundaries of guidance and advisement to factory managers by the QMS? I’m other words, if a factory manager has had many NCs and is having a hard time resolving these issues, could the QMS step in to help? After all, aren’t we on the same team? Aren’t we all working toward resolving NCs?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

You could help identify why any plant staff is struggling to resolve a problem. ALL leadership should be drilled - and participate in - structured problem solving, like AS13000 - I wrote a class on it recently. AS 13000 is a fabulous standard. Buy it, use it, get your leadership involved.

ISO9001TD likes this.
  3. RonR Quality Pro

RonR Quality Pro Active Member

There is (or should be) no limit as to how much guidance and advice you can provide within your company. As you say, you are all on the same team and all working TOGETHER to resolve the NC.

The only suggestion I would have is that if you are working to resolve the NC, when the final CA report is submitted, have it reviewed (and approved) by someone else who was not involved in the corrective action.

ISO9001TD and Andy Nichols like this.