1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Procedure for document control

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by OFDOBAIDI, Oct 21, 2018.

1. OFDOBAIDI

OFDOBAIDI Member

Dear All,
    We are ISO 9001:2015 & 27001 certified establishment.
    At the moment we have two procedure for document control , my question is , is it the right way to manage our documents? or we should have one procedure for both.
    Best Regards,

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Both? What both? Document control is document control.

3. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Control of documented information applies to:
    • those that your organization needs to "maintain" - i.e. documented information that support the operation of the processes (e.g. procedures, instructions, etc.;
    • those that your organization needs to "retain" - i.e. documented information that provide evidence of conformity with requirements (i.e. records)
    If ISO 9001 and 27001 need these documented information, they should be controlled. Both standards have the same outline or sections and both mention alignment and integration with the requirements of other management system standards. IMHO, you can simplify the approach by having one procedure covering the two systems.

John C. Abnet, Neo113016 and Pancho like this.
  4. Neo113016

Neo113016 Member

I agree with tony s, one procedure is enough.