1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Preventive Maintenance

Discussion in 'Manufacturing and Related Processes' started by Richard Kellogg, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Richard Kellogg

Richard Kellogg New Member

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum so please let me know if I’m not posting in the correct thread.

I recently took over as the Facilities Manager at a local manufacturing plant. I am in the process of getting our PM system up and running. The question came up; How does the maintenance team and/or the quality department, know when new equipment has been ordered that needs to be entered into them PM system or calibration system.

I need to write a procedure that covers this scenario. Can anyone give me some advice on where to start?
    Thank you all in advance!!!!

2. Candi1024

Candi1024 Well-Known Member

We include that evaluation in our IQOQ procedure, and it is typically based on manufacturer recommendations at first, and may be modified based on risk or our own requirements (for example calibrate anything that is used to measure something that could affect quality).

3. hogheavenfarm

hogheavenfarm Well-Known Member

We just run all incoming paperwork through quality, if it is new tooling or coatings then we log it into the system before anything else.

4. Jennie

Jennie Member

You need to have a procedure for equipment change control outlining which pieces of equipment need to go into an equipment change control database. The database can be owned by anyone but Quality must review and sign off on the stuff in there. The database should include what PMs are required and whether or not it needs qualification. It should also include SOP requirements-IDs, etc.

5. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Many of my clients have an Equipment Management process that includes a commissioning/decommissioning checklist. Such a checklist includes the hookup needs (there may be safety and/or environmental concerns, such as introducing new chemicals for new equipment and draining oils from engines during decom). There would be a line item for establishing planned maintenance, and another for calibration; this may be where QA gets involved. The checklist just helps make sure that does not get forgotten. UOW has a checklist for new equipment purchase considerations, and SunyPoly has a form for new equipment commissioning on the internet.