1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Nonconformity and Product Complaints

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Michelle Nicolosi, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Michelle Nicolosi

Michelle Nicolosi Member

We use a product complaint form and it has a section with corrected action on the same form. We also record the product complaint in a register and put a "yes" in the corrected action column. The copies of product complaint/corrective action forms are kept as records.

We also have a nonconformity/corrective action register that we post incoming, procedure and standard nonconformity/corrective actions. My question is do I have to post the product complaint as nonconformity in both registers?

I did not think so until I ran across a product complaint that has a corrective action that is changing a procedure in the company. (Tap tee failed because fusion operator performed a fusion with a visible gouge on the pipe which occurred during fusion process). Procedures were re-written and technicians trained to eliminate this from happening again.

2. Eric Twiname

Eric Twiname Well-Known Member

You don't "Have To"....but it sounds like combining the systems might be a more efficient way to go...

3. Michelle Nicolosi

Michelle Nicolosi Member

Thank you, Eric, I totally agree. The previous company I worked for used a database to monitor nonconformity, corrective action, customer feedback, etc. This company using Excel registers.

4. askartsolutions

askartsolutions Member

Consolidate the two systems into one. Use your register or log to record your n/cs and complaints and your c/a form to address them. If you have column on your register to categorize your n/c's you can summarize them (for trends) for management review as required by clause 9.3.2.c.4