1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Practical Quality Engineering Resources MSA Tools 1.0

Youden R&R and Bias Studies, Bland-Altman Method Comparison & Categorical Data Studies

1. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

Bev D submitted a new resource:

MSA Tools - Youden R&R and Bias Studies, Bland-Altman Method Comparison & Categorical Data Studies

Read more about this resource...

2. Harvey Greenough

Harvey Greenough New Member

After executing the download I noticed that MS Office wants to open the .xls file in "Protected View" only. Please advise.

Thanks,

H

3. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

The protected view is due to your security settings and the macros in the spreadsheet. You can over ride teh security setting...as far as I know there are no malicious macros that have snuck in.

Atul Khandekar likes this.
  4. ncwalker

ncwalker Well-Known Member

I went ahead and checked the macros for malicious entities. They are all clunky keystroke recordings having to do with rearranging the data. There are no calls to external objects and no calls to any sort of file manipulation libraries. The author has protected sheets and some of the processes require adding/deleting/manipulating cells on the protected sheets. So all the macros basically turn off protection, do the manipulation, then reestablish protection.

The only cautionary statement would be: the macros are all using absolute references, which means if you were to say, insert a row at the top and put your company logo on it, they wouldn't "point" to the right places anymore and it would stop working.

(Says some random internet guy, trust me, yeah, yeah, :) )

Seriously, they are ok.