1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Internal Audit Training

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Gerald, May 10, 2016.

1. Gerald

Gerald Member

Is "ISO 9001: 2015" internal audit training required to comply with the ISO 9001: 2015 standard?

I am looking for an onsite or online training course, but finding an economical and applicable option is rather difficult. Will any "Internal Audit" course work?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Nope! Well, unless you've made some provision in your current procedures for that to happen.

The fact is that in many cases, internal auditors spend too much time worrying about "ISO" instead of looking at the company processes and seeing if they work, effectively. To be blunt, someone can read ISO 9001:2015 to them, they'd be no better off. Now, competency is an entirely different kettle of fish.

Do you NEED internal auditors to be competent in ISO 9001:2015? If so, how long have you got, because there are all kinds of people out there who claim they are, but they all have "their version". Linkedin (and here, to some extent) is full of people debating what's in ISO. Someone recently posted that risk assessment was needed! No, it isn't!

So, determine what competencies you need from your IAs. Like, can they audit WITHOUT a documented procedure for everything? It might be that your organization decides to not have certain processes documented - so how does an internal auditor cope? Do your auditors know what an effective process is and how to check for that?

I'd put ISO waaaaayyyyy down the list (actually, not even on the list)

3. Koala

Koala New Member

Gerald,
    I have taken a handful of Internal Audit and Lead AS9100 Auditor courses. I like Axeon. I have found their presenters/teachers to be very value added to my organization. I like the information they present and the way they present it. They offer both in person and online courses. Sometimes they offer deals if you sign up more than 1 person from your company.