1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Inspection software at the machines

Discussion in 'Other Quality and Business Related Topics' started by James, May 16, 2016.

1. James

James Active Member

I'd like for our inspector to have a better way to enter inspection results at the machines. I'm currently looking into Zeiss PiWeb and didn't know if anyone may have had luck with anything. I'm hoping to utilize touch screen kiosks if tablets can't handle the wear and tear.

Thanks for any feedback!

2. James

James Active Member

Looks like SolidWorks has an option too, cheaper as well. I'll dig into their module also.

3. Eric Twiname

Eric Twiname Well-Known Member

FWIW...I have the data automatically exported to XL from my CMM...and autocaptured to XL from a number of gages.

...doesn't need to be fancy, just needs to work. (and the "auto" part avoids typos which were our #1 data fail).

James likes this.
  4. James

James Active Member

In case anyone ever does a search we are going with PiWeb by Zeiss. Really good stuff that includes SPC and Gage R&R. We'll be able to input measurements at the machine and the database will be the same as our CMM. Tons of charts and templates for all kinds of metric presentations.