1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Individual Certificate Transfer

Discussion in 'Training - Internal, External and Web-Based' started by Smoothy Squish, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Smoothy Squish

Smoothy Squish New Member

Hi guys!

I have a question that I hope someone here can help. I have an individual ISO 9001 certification as an Internal Auditor from an organization that is not internationally recognized, only regionally. However, I am leaving the country where I live and want to be able to use my certification to get a job. My question for you is, is it possible to transfer my certification to another organization? I know it is possible for certifications that are issued to organizations but cannot find anything related to my question. Thank you in advance.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! TBH an internal auditor's certification has little significance in the manner you're posting about. They are for internal use. You will have no problems - it's more about how well you put the training into use, not where and who gave out the certificate.

3. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

I agree with Andy. There is a lot of good training out there that is not done by recognized accredited entities. Many HR people and QA Managers will not know who carries this or that credential.

It is possible that you won't be given credit for this as a hiring criteria, but if you are hired it's the performance that counts. Good luck!

4. Smoothy Squish

Smoothy Squish New Member

Thank you very much guys. This was very helpful.