1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Improvement ideas: Six Sigma, Power BI to support ISO9001

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2008 - Quality Management Systems' started by Padym, May 2, 2016.

1. Padym

Padym Active Member

Hi All,
    I seek few inputs and ideas on following points.

1. Has anyone used Six Sigma methodologies as improvement tool to support ISO9001? Can you suggest a way ahead for this ? (like any book for guidance)
    2. Can you suggest a software besides (excel) based on Six Sigma (graphical presentation, statistical calculation) ?
    3. Has anyone used Power BI features to report performance metrics- ?

2. Meghna

Meghna New Member

Hi! yup I used SPSS software for my data analysis (Six Sigma) and i refer many websites and research papers to support my studies.

James Ronald likes this.
  3. Miner

Miner Moderator Staff Member

My company has been using Six Sigma for about 12 years now. It can help with specific aspects of ISO 9001, but is not sufficient on its own. We use Minitab. It has nice graphics and a menu driven user interface, unlike many of the more common stats packages such as R. We are just now starting to use PowerBI, so I cannot say much about it yet.

4. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

Six Sigma is part of our QMS. it is our 'corrective action' system for physics based product quality problems and of course many of the tools are used for specific aspects of our control plans; we also use it for change assessment and V&V process. Additionally we use 'design for six sigma' or some will refer to it as 'quality by design' as part of our R&D processes and statistical data analysis and modeling for marketing, medical affairs and all other KPI tracking.

we use Lean continuous improvement, waste reduction and 5-whys (Apollo) for our people based problems
    We use JMP and SAS for heavier analysis and report automation.

we do not use Power BI