1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Help me with the advantages of ISO 9001:2015

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Paul E.Falcon, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Paul E.Falcon

Paul E.Falcon New Member

Hi,
    I hope that this is the right platform, where I could discuss about my issue. I understand that the newly published ISO 9001:2015 has replaced every other standards and also possess certain advantages. But I need a clarification in two things. Firstly, I would like to know whether ISO 9001:2015 can help in finding marketing opportunities and continuous assessment . One of my friends who works in a company suggested me to refer this, https://www.unipointsoftware.com/blog/iso-certification/pros-cons-getting-iso-9001-certified/ . Need your opinions on this. Kindly suggest me any other articles also, so that I can make use of it.

Secondly, Is there a need for scope of the QMS (clause 4.3) and Quality objectives (clause 6.2) to be produced as documents to compliant with ISO 9001:2015. If somebody have any idea about this, please do reply. Waiting for your valuable suggestions.

Thank you in advance

2. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

In the 2015 version of ISO 9001, there are only three (3) documented information that are mandatory to be "maintained". The following statements are specified:
    • Clause 4.3 - The scope of the organization’s quality management system shall be available and be maintained as documented information;
    • Clause 5.2.2 - The quality policy shall...a) be available and be maintained as documented information;
    • Clause 6.2.1 - The organization shall maintain documented information on the quality objectives.
    Other clauses have requirements to "retain" documented information. Check this thread.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    MCW8888 likes this.
  3. Greg Peckford

Greg Peckford New Member

ISO 9001:2015 will certainly help with your continuous improvement assessments in terms of directing your to develop clear processes for assessing and taking actions to improve your system. The standard in itself will not improve your system without your organizations input and process development. Again, the standard will not help you find marketing opportunities however having a system based on the ISO 9001 standard will certainly be useful in your marketing efforts buy demonstrating your commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. ISO 9001:2015 will not tell you haw to obtain marketing opportunities or how to improve your organization, simply that you must develop sound processes for doing this effectively and continuously.

MCW8888 likes this.