1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Hello All

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Meyer, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Meyer

Meyer New Member

Hi Everyone - I have been reading in the background for some time now and wanted to say hello.

My employer has tasked me with implementing a QMS at one of our locations. Currently the company has about a half dozen locations, 80% of which are already registered to 9001:2015 as single-sites. Each site has a slightly different scope dependent on the type of equipment at the specific location. The site in question is very small (A few employees - who will also be instrumental in this QMS) supported by the corporate team (that I am a part of).

I have about 8 years of experience in the industry however I have never held a QA role. The "easy" thing to do would be to sift through each locations QMS and pull the "best" documents from each together to form this new QMS...I don't want to do that, and I think a few here will agree. After thoroughly analyzing each locations QMS I have determined that (for the most part) it is a system of documentation and not a documented system. There is a lot of standard "Parroting" and I know for a fact many things are created for the auditor.

I grabbed an ISO 9001:2015 Project Work-plan someone uploaded to the forum, I have purchased ISO 9001:2015 In Plain English (currently in the mail), and I am ready to dive in. I hope we can create a QMS that can be looked at as the new future standard.

I am sure I will have many questions along the way and look forward to all of the insight this forum can offer.

Cheers.

John C. Abnet and Andy Nichols like this.
  2. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Welcome @Meyer
    You are astute in avoiding parroting for the sake of parroting, not developing a QMS for the sake of the auditor, etc... Well done.

On that same note, I would encourage reverse engineering what your site and organization already does and determine how those activities address the requirements of your organization first and foremost (ie: when you look at what is already being done, ask “so what?” to help determine if all serves a purpose). Then determine if these activities (you’ll likely be surprised at how conformant the site already is) meet the requirements of the standard.
    Best of luck and don’t hesitate to search existing posts on this site or pose your specific questions.
    Hope this helps.

Be well

3. Rustle

Rustle Member

Avoid any reference to ISO standards in your QMS, that's the best approach. Base it on the operations being managed and back it up with a correlation that maps to the standard which only you and the auditor needs to see.
    Then everyone reading the QMS (most will not care anything about ISO) will be more likely to understand and follow it.

4. Mikegrow

Mikegrow New Member

Hello buddy, I am also new here. Welcome