1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Hello all. New QSM requiring help!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FreshFish1975, Mar 30, 2016.

1. FreshFish1975

FreshFish1975 New Member

Hi all members

I am a (fairly) new quality systems manager working in the UK for a small branch of a global telecoms repair company. I've come from the repair side (mainly power supplies and solar converters) into the quality role with less than a fortnights training and am struggling as a consequence. My question to all is I'm looking for a good audit checklist template (ISO9001:2008 standard) for upcoming system audits. I cannot find any on this site so does anyone have a good resource site available.

My only training so far has been by LRQA with internal auditing and ISO9001 appreciation. So far I haven't appreciated it and feel a little lost on what I'm auditing against. My first audit is overdue and I am looking for some support. I can give further details privately about the schedule if needed.

2. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Fresh Fish!

You will need to become accustomed to process audits with the 2015 version of 9001, so you might as well start now. Are you familiar with turtle diagrams? That exercise can help you become familiar with processes and how the parts work together. I attached a notes page I use. It just has lines instead of boxes, I find it gives me more room to write. Instead of Risks, which are from the 2015 version, you can list customer specific requirements and other inputs.

Sample data collected from processes can be compared in groups to assess support processes like document control, records control, training, the calibration program, etc. Ideally you would check these things as part of your follow through - do not wait until the end of the year to evaluate the calibration program's effective implementation! But the wide-spread overall review can identify systemic issues (those which occur repeatedly or on a widespread basis).

Do not forget to audit the internal audit and corrective/preventive action processes. Since you just began your job, you would not be auditing your own work so you might as well start there.

I hope this helps!

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

3. David Sanabria

David Sanabria Active Member

Aerospace has a very nice checklist (it includes all of ISO9001:2008 plus some Aerospace requirement) - AS9101D - if you need additional information - start a private conversation

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

This is likely because (most) CB provided training is seen/delivered through the eyes of the CB auditor. Simply do this:

• Find a process which has been changed recently, or is important to the customer result and/or isn't meeting it's objectives/performance goals.
    • Study the documentation associated with the process and it's goals etc. Note what has changed, the current performance etc is
    • Make notes about the process flow (either map it out yourself, notate the documents etc.
    • Set up a time to do the audit with the owner of the process, meet with them to explain (before you audit) that you are going to help see/validate that the process is in control and help determine why the results aren't what was expected etc.
    • Schedule the audit. Start with the process owner. Do your "opening meeting" (abbreviated from the LRQA version) and have the process owner walk you through the process. Lead with statements like "Describe the process to me" and, talk to the process "operators" to see what they say too. Ask what's used to control the process. Make notes of EVERYTHING and compare, while listening to their story, what you observe and the documentation. Be aware of differences and ask about them...
    Is a good place to start...

RoxaneB likes this.