1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Difference between "Process" and "Documented Process" ?

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Sigfrid, May 8, 2017.

1. Sigfrid

Sigfrid New Member

Hi everyone!
    I just changed my workplace, so in that inter I lose the chance to assist to IATF training, and now I have to wait a couple of months until the company allows me to take it.

Now, I`m trying to understand the difference between the requirements, "Process" and "Documented process".

Being more specific, a process must be controlled by PDCA, with inputs and outputs, etc. right?, but in case of "Documented process", it is a process that requires specific documentation (procedure, standard, etc.)? or how do you think is expected to be covered compared with a "Process"?

maybe a simple question but until now nobody can`t give me a straight answer.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

A process is a process... Where documentation comes into play is if your organization decides that, to assure control over the process, some type of documentation is required. Simples!

3. Sigfrid

Sigfrid New Member

Andy, thanks for the answer.
    That's right, a process is a process, maybe I was just overthinking.

Jennifer Kirley and Andy Nichols like this.