1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Critical Assessment on Quality (management)

Discussion in 'Other Quality and Business Related Topics' started by steve gill, Jun 27, 2017.

1. steve gill

steve gill Member

Hello, I have a report to write on "organisations effectiveness in managing quality".

Does anybody who reads these posts have any areas where they feel that their organisations quality has a shortfall?

Thus far, the answers seem to be "poor response for auditing", "NCR system is not great", etc

thanks for reading, as always I treat information as confidential.

2. yodon

yodon Well-Known Member

Apologies for the extremely late reply. I wouldn't consider auditing and the NCR system as factors in effectiveness in managing quality. My first indication would be customer satisfaction. Are the products or services you're providing of sufficient quality to satisfy your customers' needs? You can also look internally. If you have a manufacturing line, do you have a lot of scrap or line down time? If you're developing software, are the testers finding a lot of issues? If you're designing electronics, do you have a lot of board spins? To me, those would be the better indications of effectiveness.

3. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day Steve Gill.
    I would suggest that the key area of "shortfall" in most organizations is in regards to sustainability. There are a multitude of systems, methods, ideas and "corporate intent" within organizations globally. However, being able to communicate and sustain that corporate intent is the challenge. Many have the ability to create management system structures, but not all include a firm foundation of roles and responsibilities (i.e. who-what-when) that allow the "how/why" to build upon. This causes problems with sustainability when the CAP (customer-associate-product) is shifted.

Summary: SUSTAINABILITY is the most comment "shortfall" that I witness.

Hope this helps

4. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

A bit late to respond here too.
    for what its' worth at this point: what type of shortfall are you thinking about? results (poor product or service quality) or causes (how the quality system is ineffective in improving product quality) OR are you more interested in compliance of the quality system to a quality standard?