1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Corrective Action that can't be resolved

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Pfrice, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Pfrice

Pfrice Member

I'm so glad that I found this group!
    I work in a shared services environment where we have a family of operating companies. We have an open corrective action related to the failure of a metric where we track compliance against the Small Business Administration's 8a requirements. However, in our case, the company is so far out of compliance that there is no way that it will ever become compliant. Due to non-compliance, the company will graduate out of the 8a set aside, but will remain a small business. What would be an acceptable approach in order to close out this corrective action? We are implementing the metric tracking much earlier in the life of the other operating companies, so in those cases, we can actually implement an action plan to correct any deficiencies. Is that sufficient rationale for closing the CA? Otherwise, I will have to leave it open until November 2018 when the company graduates and the metric no longer applies. Thanks for your help.

2. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

Once you decide the metric no longer applies you can probably close out the CA.