1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Control plan and following instructions

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by George K., Jan 10, 2024.

Tags:
  1. George K.

George K. New Member

Hello,

I am thinking about possibily to simplify our documents regarding product check. Main reason is that issuing of all documents take a lot of time and there is room for many mistakes. I have to say that any of documents below cannot be cancelled. It is requirement of our central quality dpt.

Let me describe our current controlled document flow:

Control Plan (it contains all dimensions) -> Control Instruction - hardcopy (it contains all dimensions) -> Control instruction - electronic (it contains selected characteristics which are in hardcopy) -> First Part Release document (it is instruction with all dimensions mentioned in Control Intruction and it is also a record of measured values).

All of these documents are controlled.
    All of these documents contains approximately 80-150 measured dimensions based on particular product (approximately 10-20 dimensions are special characteristics).

My idea is:
    1) Control plan: mention explicitly only special characteristics.
    2) Control plan: other measured dimensions mentioned with reference to Control instruction - hardcopy
    3) Control Instruction - hardcopy: mention reference to electronic Control Instruction and First Part Release document
    4) Control Instruction - electronic: current form is OK for me
    5) First Part Release document: current form is OK for me (it contains all measured dimensions)

So all dimensions will be written only once in First Part Release document which will be as reference in other documents.

I hope it isn't so complicated to follow my thoughts.

Thank you for your opinions and have a nice day.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Welcome George K!
    Simplification can be good. If the problem is one of the document control process taking too much time, why not use 8D problem solving to solve that problem, instead of wrestling, alone, with a complex issue? This puts the burden on you to be a super hero and you will be blamed when you fail...

George K. likes this.
  3. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

Make sure you follow the control plan “rules.” I think it’s appendix a or something.