1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Clause 9.3.2, a), 3) process performance and conformity of products and services

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Suraiya Ramkissoon, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Suraiya Ramkissoon

Suraiya Ramkissoon Active Member

Hi Everyone,

I have my first Management Review next week. Currently preparing the report (I'm suggesting we do our review quarterly). We are a dealership and distribution company.

What are your thoughts on below for clause 9.3.2, a), 3) (QMT inputs)?

upload_2019-6-21_14-46-2.png

Conformity of Products and services is captured in other areas e.g. # of customer complaints, # of returns etc

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Well, one thing I wouldn't do, is use Turtles, but I guess that's too late. They DO NOT define processes, BTW.

Process performance is measured by effectiveness and efficiency. Not by external feedback from customers or such like. It's unreliable and plain wrong.

When one person does the preparation for MR then you should stop and re-engage. I attach a basic step you should use to prepare to have management do the walking/talking in the Review.

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

3. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Do you mean 9.3.2c.3? For "process performance and conformity of products and services?

When you review the set performance targets or KPIs of your organization, you already covered the inputs as specified in clause 9.3.2c.3. Inputs are actually interrelated and need not be discussed as separate individual topics. Example of operational meeting topics below can demonstrate that two or more inputs are already covered:
    • Review of set Key Performance Indicators (kpi) and Targets = 9.3.2c.2; 9.3.2c.3; 9.3.2c.5
    • Customer complaints to be resolved = 9.3.2c.1; 9.3.2c.4
    • Review of audit results with NCs and OFIs = 9.3.2c.4; 9.3.2c.6; 9.3.2f
    • Need for additional and modern IT systems for the new building = 9.3.2b; 9.3.2d
    • Results of the evaluation of conformity with service-level-agreements of suppliers/contractors = 9.3.2c.5; 9.3.2c.7

4. Suraiya Ramkissoon

Suraiya Ramkissoon Active Member

Thanks for the feedback guys, I've already addressed process performance and conformity of products and services in other parts of the management review report as @tony s pointed out.

I will also share the Process Ownership assignments with the team.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  5. Kunle Ogunola

Kunle Ogunola Member

@Andy, Please for learning purpose, can you clarify how to apply the attached basic step "Process ownership" to the requirement of 9.3.2 c) 3)
    I am asking because, my understanding and how we have been fulfilling this input (9.3.2 c (3) is that process owners generate data of quality objectives, and kpi related to products and services. We also discuss the trend of rate of nonconforming products & services.
    Kindly share your opinion.

6. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Kunle: Process owners should provide their Process Performance data (for that reporting period, so it's current) and show if it is meeting the objective or not. If it isn't meeting the objective, the discussion can turn to, what are the non-conformities and then what actions are being taken. Does this make sense?

7. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

I believe you are satisfying the intent. Doing this, you are also covering the other related inputs such as 9.3.2c.2; 9.3.2c.5.

8. Kunle Ogunola

Kunle Ogunola Member

@Andy, @tony, Thank you both. You've cleared my doubts.