1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Business processes vs. QMS processes?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by jaltangerel, Dec 16, 2017.

1. jaltangerel

jaltangerel Member

Hi all? I'm very glad to have found this forum.

What differences in Business processes and QMS processes?
    What differences in Business plan and Quality objectives?
    What differences in Organization strategy and Quality policy?

I don't understand these differences. Thanks

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

In most cases, none. The main difference is that there are processes in an organization not directed towards quality and/or customer satisfaction. Accounts receivable/payable, for example.
    The Business plan, if an organization has one, may include strategic issues to work on, which may not have SMART objectives tied to them. A Business plan isn't a requirement of ISO, quality objective are.
    An organizational strategy includes multiple plans and activities to move the organization to a place in the market that's been identified. A policy is something which guides/supports that. Like many policies, such as equal employment, smoking, alcohol use, dress code, sexual harassment, the quality policy sets the management "tone" for deploying the strategy.

3. jaltangerel

jaltangerel Member

Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. Daniel Padilla T

Daniel Padilla T Member

I worked for a couple of companies that didn't want some processes like the one you mention be a part of the QMS. Do you consider both kinds of processes to be a vital part of the QMS in order to be achieve customer satisfaction or it depends on the situation?

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Good question. Since the primary focus of an ISO 9001-based QMS is to assure that products (and/or services) meet customer requirements and lead to their satisfaction, that's somewhat separate from financial processes. Sure, late/inaccurate invoicing etc can lead to customers' dissatisfaction, that's not the primary purpose of ISO 9001, from my understanding.

Daniel Padilla T likes this.