1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Basic question on controlling a Quality Policy

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2008 - Quality Management Systems' started by Patts, Dec 15, 2015.

1. MikeH

MikeH Member

Stamp everything printed out, including business cards with something along the lines of "uncontrolled when printed, refer to document control for current revision" or a similar statement. Recalling documents due to a revision roll is a nightmare waiting to unfold.

2. Tony Wardle

Tony Wardle Member

If I read your post correctly - you are looking at issues of control and awareness?

There is no rule that says you cant be creative.

Debate your quality policy with your staff. If they feel they had input, they will feel they own it.
    Get everyone to sign it if possible.
    (One year we made company flags, had them signed, and put them up. At year end, the employees wanted them as mementos. This led to a quality competition.)

Print it on a colored background - and change this each year. THis is a visual control for current policy.

The policy should be discussed annually IMHO - the pertinent questions being - did we achieve what we said we wanted to? Or, put another way - say what we do, and do what we say. That doesnt mean you need to change it - it means you sensitise everyone to it.

Post this around your plant - giving each employee a card makes control difficult and they will put it away - out of sight, out of mind.

A quality policy on a wall without discussion is dead, is an ornament.

I like what Mukesh Sharma said in his post ..

3. Candi1024

Candi1024 Well-Known Member

A recent event brought this thread to mind.

We just received our new quality policy on laminated cards that we could hang on our lanyards with our badges.

No doc control number. Though the color scheme is different than our last laminated cards. I'm not sure if they are creative enough to consider that a doc control method.

4. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Although 7.5.3.2 calls out for version control, nowhere do I see a specific requirement for a revision number on documents. I can't vouch for the interpretations of all my colleague, but if you don't have a specific requirement in your own procedure and I was shown the quality policy verbiage is current, especially if it is actually being controlled in another document, being a member of the real world I am going to move on.