1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

AS9102

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by Puchert, Feb 15, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Puchert

Puchert New Member

Hi everyone please assist, the standard indicates in 4.6. "FAI requirements may be satisfied by a previous FAI performed on identical characteristics of similar parts produced by identical means. When FAI requirements (partial or full) are satisfied in this manner, identify the Baseline Part Number on Form 1 (see field 14"
    We have around 20 different parts that have gone through FAI and now we are going to change one of the manufacturing operations on all parts from manual polishing to dry abrasive blast. If I read the statement in AS9102 I can do one FAI and buy the rest of against it, but does it mean as n minimum I need to do Form 1 for all parts? Is there something like a Family FAI report?