1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Any Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) Training Courses in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand ?

Discussion in 'Professional Certifications and Degrees' started by Saad Jamal, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Saad Jamal

Saad Jamal New Member

I am from Pakistan with 5 years of experience in Automotive firm in Quality Assurance .I want to do certification training of Certified Quality Engineer,for that i am allowed to choose venues from Singapore ,thailand or Malaysia .And this training should be classroom training of around 2 weeks daily so i can learn well.

It is requested to kindly tell me the institutes that offer classroom based training for Quality Engineer Certification .

2. DavidD

DavidD Member

Sorry, I don't have any experience with taking courses on the CQE outside of the US; I can speak to the CQE exam itself and to training for it.

I took an ASQ derived/sponsored course years ago and didn't find it beneficial. It was filled with comments about "the right answer, the wrong answer, and the ASQ answer". The instructor mainly read out of the Quality Council of Indiana (CQI) book during class. A number of excellent QEs I worked with took it with me and we all decided we weren't going to pass and therefor didn't take the exam. Several years later, I decided to take the exam myself and passed it without any further preparation or studying. Subsequently, a number of QEs I know have had the same experience: suffered/slept through an awful prep class, took the CQI primer to the exam, and then passed without issue.

If you are proficient w/ the Body of Knowledge (BOK) then get the CQI handbook (it is designed to pass the test), take a couple of practice exams to identify any areas you need to strengthen and to get the pace of the exam down and then just go take the exam. I haven't found or heard of any classes over the years (n=3+ instructors) which are particularly good/useful. At best, they provide you a copy of the book and might force/encourage you to read the book and take practice exams.

If there are particular gaps in your understanding of the BOK, I'd question if a 2 week course is going to address them.

I'd be interested in other's experiences.

David

Candi1024 likes this.
  3. Candi1024

Candi1024 Well-Known Member

My experience is similar to David's. I didn't take any prep courses, just studied through the CQI. I took a few practices tests then reviewed them many times, and really put in some good study time. I passed on the first time around.

I do think my IE degree helped alot. Without the background knowledge, I don't think that even solid study time would have gotten me through.

4. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

I only deal with a small portion of the BoK in my current position, maybe 10-15% at best. My company did purchase the CQI material and another book which was I didn't find helpful at all. I know I'm not ready to take the exam at present. My plan is to re-evaluate taking the exam in a year or so, considering that I'm slowly expanding my responsibilities and am cautiously optimistic it could lead somewhere productive. But certainly if I do it will require studying like I never have before. My degree is not in engineering ... manufacturing is miles from where I began.

5. DavidD

DavidD Member

I think the above responses provide a good overall snapshot of preparation for the exam. If you are already familiar with the BOK an use much of it regularly then review of the BOK, the CQI guides, and taking some practice exams will probably get you prepared. If there are major gaps in your knowledge of the BOK, I don't know that a cursory overview as would likely be provided in a review course will strengthen the areas you need.

A more stretched out course (1 day per week) might atleast allow you to further learn materials in between classes. I'd also suggest finding yourself some fellow test takers to study with. They'll help keep you motivated (peer pressure) and having others to work with will give you additional perspectives and explanations of the material.

David

equilibrium likes this.
  6. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

Your advice is good. Too bad my grammar wasn't. I need to stop posting while distracted.

7. Saad Jamal

Saad Jamal New Member

thanks a lot for all your suggestions , kindly suggest me any other course or training that can help me in my professional career . i am an automotive engineer and been in quality assurance department for past 5 years .please suggest me any course in thailand singapore or malaysia with the fee structure . I can spare 2 weeks out of my busy schedule