1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

7.2.2 Competence - on-the-job training

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Diego_99atv, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Diego_99atv

Diego_99atv Member

Hello

Does any one can tell me how can i provide evidence of this point 7.2.2 Competence - on-the-job training

The organization shall provide on-the-job training (which shall include customer requirements training) for personnel in any new or modified responsibilities affecting conformity to quality requirements, internal requirements, regulatory or legislative requirements; this shall include contract or agency personnel. The level of detail required for on-the-job training shall be commensurate with the level of education the personnel possess and the complexity of the task(s) they are required to perform for their daily work. Persons whose work can affect quality shall be informed about the consequences of nonconformity to customer requirements.

all the people that is working on the company should be trained on costumer specific requirments? Including all the operators?

we are working to get certified on IATF.

Thank you

2. qmr1976

qmr1976 Well-Known Member

From an operator standpoint, they just need to be informed of how they have an affect on the customer requirements. Do they produce a part/product that has critical characteristics that have to be monitored? Anyone who has a direct affect on the quality of the part needs to informed of anything critical to the form, fit and function of the part. As far as OJT, this can be captured in many different ways. We have strayed away from paper documentation and transitioned to a training app that documents where they are trained and the current knowledge level for said training.

Diego_99atv likes this.
  3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Competency is competency - it's not limited to one type of training. It looks to me that you're over thinking this. You define what people are supposed to be able to do, you give them what they need, in terms of training, awareness and experience and you test them to demonstrate that it "went in". Simple.

Diego_99atv likes this.
  4. Andy Nichols

Is it, @JasonFrazier? What makes you say that?

5. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

I mainly agree with Jason…Personal face to face guidance on what to do - and why - coupled with affirmation through observance of correct behavior is far superior to read and understand of a dry document or even classroom lecture and a written test. The “instructor” has the advantage of direct observations and immediate correction & explanation…
    The old adage: “tell me, show me, watch me”…

tony s likes this.
  6. Andy Nichols

Jason is a spammer

7. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

After the provision of specific on-the-job training, you may need to keep some form of evaluation. Attached is an example that you can customized or simplified for your organization.

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

Jennifer Kirley likes this.