1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

What is UPR (Undulations Per Revolution) in Roundness

Discussion in 'GD&T Standards and Practices - ASME & ISO' started by shankar Jadhav, Oct 17, 2015.

1. shankar Jadhav

shankar Jadhav Member

Can anybody explain UPR (Undulation per revolution) in roundness and what standard exists for same.

2. Eric Twiname

Eric Twiname Well-Known Member

Howdy shankar,

Never heard of it before but was curious...and found this: http://digitalmetrology.com/mean-roundness/

I thought it was pretty informative, though not a "standard". I hope it helps...

Perhaps others specifically in the metrology field might comment..

3. Emmyd

Emmyd Member

4. Taghi Gheisari

Taghi Gheisari New Member

I found this question after about 9 years. You have probably found the answer, but I just mention a very simple definition for other members who may have the same question in the future.

This is a term used for local deviations of a round (ISO) or circular (ASME) shape. Among some measuring strategies of roundness, measuring UPR is an outdated one. UPR means number of local deviations (roughness) per one revolution of the measuring device or machine. Then a cutoff filter is used to filter low frequency fluctuations according to some standard like ISO 12181-1:2011 (former ISO/TS 12181-1:2003) requirements and rules.