1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

what is the difference of a complaint vs nonconforming product report?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Qualmx, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Hi all

Please feed me back regarding te criteria to manage complaints and nonconforming reports.

What should I have to consider as a complaint? and NC product.

The standard says :
    expression of dissatisfaction made to an organization (3.2.1), related to its
    product (3.7.6) or service (3.7.7), or the complaints.

As I understand, a complaint from a client, it is when we receive an email or letter
    telling us that our service is poor, our personnel is not giving the right attention, but basically of service.

And when they notify us that a product is in failure, well we consider it as NCR report.
    In that report, client says " we received this product with failure, please come and pick up the product and do what is necessary to fix it." but is just mentioning that product is in
    no compliance, however is not mentioning anything regarding the service or level of quality.

What is the right criteria to consider a complaint o just a RNC report?

Thanks

2. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Why do you need to define a criteria for them?

3. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Because I have procedures for complaints and other for nonconformity of products, and we want to use which is the appropriate, according to what we receive from clients
    Thanks

4. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

Complaints and Nonconforming material are not mutually exclusive events. You can have nonconforming material in the field and customers may not complain. You can have customers complain and the product may be conforming to specifications. You can also have both...

Don’t over think it. Just do the right thing for your customer.......

Qualmx likes this.
  5. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

When there's a nonconforming product, deal with it using the requirements in clause 8.7.

If a customer complaint resulted from the receipt of a nonconforming product, deal with it, initially, using clause 8.2.1.

If the nonconforming product was a result of a nonconformity which leads to a customer complaint, then deal with it using clause 10.2.

Sunkist S. Leona likes this.
  6. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Thanks Tonys
    ok, but Strictly , from the comments of clients , which of them will fall as complaints and wich as nonconformity report .
    Sometimes visiting a client , we may receive comments of bad service or that they have received poor quality, ok is complaint.
    Some other times we may receive same comments by email, ok , is a complaint, but when we receive an email which says "the product you sent me is defective, I'l send it you for repairing, and an ncr is also sent"
    Would you consider this as a complaint?
    According to what the standard states?
    Thanks

7. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

If you're the customer and you keep on receiving nonconforming products, would you not complain? If a complaint was a result of receipt of nonconforming product, then the complaint should be addressed. I believe, you only need to initiate the accomplishment of a Nonconforming Product Report (NCP Report) if you have to deal with a nonconforming product. Dealing with complaints may not necessarily require accomplishing an NCP Report.

Sunkist S. Leona likes this.