1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Using GageTrak 6.8 for calibration recording

Discussion in 'Gage Calibration and Uncertainty' started by Bob Pearce, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Bob Pearce

Bob Pearce New Member

Can anyone start me on the road to using GageTrak 6.8 to enter my calibration records? I've been using the software for a while to track all our gages and want to start using the calibration end of the software. The manual as no step by steps or examples on how to enter your records. A Gagetrak sales person told me to start by entering gage standards for each type of gage then it will pop-up already for inputting your measurements without filling in all the record information over and over again but I do not see any part of the program to do this.
    I've joined a webinar on this subject but its not until September. Any hints would be much appreciated.

2. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

I would definitely start with your reference standards, as they are the basis for everything else. There's a Reference Standard check box right on the Gage Entry screen. Make sure under "Type", you select a description that will identify the reference standard properly. The feature that will help you is Standard Groups, which you can set for any like group of gages (i.e. 2-3" outside micrometers) with a series of measurement points you determine. After selecting your tolerance, you literally enter measurement points under "Standard ID" one by one ... something as simple as:

1. Gage Block (2.000 inches)
    2. Gage Block (2.250 inches)
    3. Gage Block (2.312 inches)
    etc.

Now, "Ref Type" will already be populated with the information you entered under "Type" from Gage Entry. If there is more than one possible selection, this will be in drop-down form. The "Type" on this screen is looking for variable or attribute (in this case "V".) If more than one reference standard was entered, there should be a drop-down to select which specific reference standard (by Gage ID) you will be using. After you set your nominal measurement, the minimum and maximum automatically fill in with your previously selected tolerances. Once this is completed, you can associate every gage of this type by selecting the Standards tab and going to the Standard Group drop-down.

I'm not sure if you have calibration procedures, but it would be a good idea to enter/create these as well. These can be associated with each gage in a similar way.

I hope this helps.

Atul Khandekar likes this.
  3. Bob Pearce

Bob Pearce New Member

This is the information I was looking for; thanks equilibrium. All I needed was a basic starting point. Now i'll get busy....
    I noticed on the Cybermetrics web sight they had Calibration Procedures for like $600.00 or something like that. You think its worth the $$? So far I've been getting procedures off of different sights as I go along.

4. hogheavenfarm

hogheavenfarm Well-Known Member

Will it save you $600 worth of time?

5. Bob Pearce

Bob Pearce New Member

Good point.

6. gaugestools

gaugestools Member

equilibrium’ answer is really very good already!

7. Roger Neal

Roger Neal New Member

I have been using GAGEtrak 6.8 for 6 years. We are gearing up to move to GAGEtrak 7.0.