1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

USE OF CERTIFICATION LOGO

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Richard Adewumi, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Richard Adewumi

Richard Adewumi New Member

Pls i like to know if use of certification logo on wrapper used by courier companies is wrong use of certification logo.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2020
  2. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day @Richard Adewumi and welcome to the site.

Each registrar (certification body) has their own rules regarding the use of their logo. My council is to reach out to the registrar and ask for their rules regarding use of their logo.

Hope this helps.

Be well.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Indeed, they do - it's handed down to them by the Accreditation Body of each country, and those arrangements are going to be different. At one time, the NACCB (now UKAS) logo was NOT to be used in certain ways, because it used the Queen's crown, so it became problematic to put it on trucks, for example...

4. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

A question @Richard Adewumi ;

Why does your organization wish to use the Certification Body's logo?

I would be concerned about having the logo "woven" into documents, labels, etc....and THEN your organization changes certification bodies. From my experience, I would not recommend it.

At MOST your organization may wish to promote "ISO 9001 certified". Note I did NOT include the revision (2015) as this WILL eventually change.

Hope this helps.

Be well.

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Great point! It's free advertising for them! Why would you do that? A simple ISO 9001 Certified statement is fine - if a customer wants a copy of your certificate fine - or post it on your website.