1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Unversal Power Plug For Medical Devices

Discussion in 'IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety' started by fialor, Sep 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. fialor

fialor Member

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone else has this logistic issue that they may have found a solution to, add they could share?

My company currently manufactures an electrical medical device for universal use. The challenge is that we have to carry mulitple power plugs (different cables with appropriate plugs) which makes the logistics of keeping mulitple SKUs for a small business a nightmare.

I am looking into wheather a power adaptor exists of the sort used for travel (universal travel adaptors) which are of the C13 type.

It could be as simple as a two switch adaptor. And of course compliant with IEC 60601-1 when used with the device.

Any help at all would be welcome.

Thank you
    Fialor

2. Vintage Goose

Vintage Goose Active Member

Hi Fialor, the deeper you look into international power plugs, the more trouble they cause. A universal adapter would be a wonderful idea, but I have never come across one that was suitable for a medical device. If you find one, please let us all know.

Chris