1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Transferring ISO Certification Between Companies

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Joseph T, May 21, 2020.

1. Joseph T

Joseph T New Member

Hi All,

As the title states, I'm looking for advice on how to start this process if at all possible.

For some background: my current company (CC) spun off a profitable arm of the company into a standalone new company (NC). CC is ISO 9001 and 13485 certified and ownership wants to transfer those certifications to the NC. I have already set up the QMS and written SOPs for the NC, however I am looking for advice on how to proceed to the next step of getting the NC certified.

I'm a recent grad that has been on the job for 6 months and am the only employee in the quality department as my predecessors retired before I was onboarded so any help or advice is appreciated!

Cheers

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! If you intend to keep the Certification Body you currently use, call and talk to them. They should be able to advise. Speak to someone on Operations, NOT the Sales people (I say that as an ex-sales person for a CB)