1. Hello and Welcome to The Quality Forum Online...Continuing in the spirit of People Helping People !
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Supplier audits

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by NattyG, May 2, 2018.

1. NattyG

NattyG Member

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be posting in the aerospace section quite a bit over these next few weeks. I hope that you don't mind! We've completed our ISO:9001:2015 surveillance audit and passed with no non-conformances (Yipee!). Now we are going to complete AS9120.

My question, for aerospace how often should we be completing supplier audits? How is this usually completed?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

When you need to. Supplier audits should really only be done as a last ditch effort to get actions done to correct quality problems (aka "supplier development") or when considering a never-used-before supplier.

NattyG likes this.
  3. JKendall

JKendall New Member

Our company completes annual supplier audits on our top 10-15 critical suppliers that could have an impact on our production. We generally start with a site audit & general overview of their QMS. If the supplier is struggling, we will visit them as needed until issues are resolved. If they are not struggling, we just monitor them remotely. The type of audit/review conducted is based on the product they supply for us.

Nikki and Andy Nichols like this.