1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Standard for internal/external training?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Liam S, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Liam S

Liam S Member

We are currently in the process of creating an internal and external curriculum for training courses. These courses are for the use and maintenance of lifting equipment we manufacture.

My question is: is there any ISO9001:2015 standards I can write the procedure against for the delivery of training needed by our staff?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Hi Liam. Good questions. I'm a trainer and training developer, however, I'm unclear what question you are asking. What your objective/goal here?

3. Liam S

Liam S Member

Hi Andy, thanks for your time.

So we title all our procedures to meet the points of ISO9001, so for example the title of a procedure 7.1 Resources Issue 7 and then the details of the procedure, another doc 10 Improvement Issue 7 reviewed July 22 then the details of the procedure, etc.

As we are bringing in training (so our staff training other companies how to use our equipment) is there a correct ISO9001 title I should use to write our guidelines on how training should be carried out by our staff?

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I'm guessing that we can't change that, because this is a limiting factor...

My best advice is this: Don't worry about an "ISO" title. The requirements of the standard apply to the products you make, not the additional functions you perform to support - or even enhance - those things.

Now, let's forget ISO 9001 just for a minute. Is this training going to be offered as a fee-earning service, to customers? Or even part of a package of product & training? If you are going to be paid, then are you looking for a training development process (procedure if you like) which is how the training is designed and delivered? That is quite an undertaking...