1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Seeking Input and Output Examples

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Abigail Ontiveros, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Abigail Ontiveros

Abigail Ontiveros Member

Can you please give me a couple examples of "input and outputs"?

2. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Try to analyze this figure in the standard. Think of a particular process and try to identify its inputs and outputs.
    upload_2021-5-1_9-19-35.png

QCMommaV and Laura N. like this.
  3. Abigail Ontiveros

Abigail Ontiveros Member

Thank you both, the above is very helpful. We are a packaging company, we supply the corrugated and internal protective material to hold and protect your product during shipping. So my input is my raw material and the supplies I need during the manufacturing of my company's product everything it takes to maintain the records of any input such as inventory and how i keep up with my inventory and the output is my product at different phases of the manufacturing process all the way to the final product that I give to my customer? Correct?

4. yodon

yodon Well-Known Member

Your operations are a set of processes (activities). You say your input is raw materials and supplies. But backing up, you also accept orders from customers (inputs) assess those orders (process / activity), and probably create work orders (output). You purchase materials so you have an input of needs (as @tony s indicates, this is possibly an output from the customer order process), you go through a purchasing process (activity), and submit a purchase order (output).

Break up your operations into the smaller processes that comprise it and it probably starts making more sense.

tony s and Andy Nichols like this.
  5. Abigail Ontiveros

Abigail Ontiveros Member

So glad I joined this forum. Thank you for everyone's response.

Andy Nichols likes this.