1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Risk Assessment - Saline Solution

Discussion in 'Supplier Quality, Audits & Other Supplier Issues' started by Olufsen, May 9, 2024.

1. Olufsen

Olufsen New Member

Hi

Can anyone advise as to how I would go about carrying a risk assessment, if I want to change from one supplier to another for a Saline solution.

Not sure what what I should be looking for or what such a risk assessment should look like,

Thank you

Andy Nichols likes this.
  2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Welcome, Olufsen!
    For clarification, can I ask for some background on why a risk assessment is needed?

3. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

What is the saline solution used for? There are many uses, some of which might require a change validation (intravenous use or eye drops) and some that might not. The basic ‘problem’ to look for is contamination and perhaps salt concentration.
    Is this an off-the-shelf part that would certify conformance to certain specifications or is it a custom order?