1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Registrar - Opinions

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Monikbor, Feb 21, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Monikbor

Monikbor New Member

Hello all!
    The company where I work is located in Quebec, Canada. We are considering changing registrar for our QMS. I would like to know your opinions / experiences working with NSF and BSI.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
    John C. Abnet likes this.
  2. yodon

yodon Well-Known Member

No experience with NSF. I've had good and bad experience with BSI. My company and several of my clients use BSI and we've been generally happy. Auditors have always been professional and not focused on trivialities. I recently tried to engage with BSI for a client who wanted an MDSAP audit (medical devices - ISO 13485+) and basically got ghosted and ended up going elsewhere. Their administrative side of things hasn't provided the best experience, either.

3. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Welcome @Monikbor ;
    Either is reputable. You'll likely see very little different in direct engagement and cost. Both mostly use contract auditors, so... The auditors themselves is where you will notice the biggest differences (i.e. between one auditor and another), not so much between the companies themselves.

Reach out to both...get quotes (likely little difference) and determine on your initial impression of their responsiveness/customer service.

Also, you can speak to other certified organizations in your location to see if they recommend/have a preference.

Hope this helps.
    Be well.

Monikbor likes this.
  4. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

Hard no on NSF. Unless you know your auditor, the Auditors generally suck and their customer service is even worse.

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

BSI over NSF all day long. NSF have Operations staff who apparently don’t have a clue what their auditors are doing…

6. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

It's worse than that. They simply rubber stamp the giberish their auditors come up with.

7. Andy Nichols

Screaming at a client at the Stage 1? Using passive-aggressive bahaviors? What's not as bad as rubber stamping?

8. Andy Nichols

Can I ask why you identified these? There are many, many more who operate in Canada. Is there something specific which you were looking for in identifying these? Medical Device/ISO 13485 for example?

9. Monikbor

Monikbor New Member

No real reason. BSI has been our registrar for 20+ years (QMS) but recent changes have made us look elsewhere. I had a good experience with NSF while working in other company, so that is where my mind went. I am open to suggestions. Thanks!

10. Andy Nichols

You might want to consider NQA and I also have not heard anything at all derogatory about TUV. (the folks in MA)