1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Recert Audits and Global Waivers and Measures 5

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Kimberly Creden, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Kimberly Creden

Kimberly Creden New Member

Trying to understand the document and having a disagreement with staff.

If the cert is extended for 6 months isn't the recert audit extended as well? For instance, if original cert expiration date is April 1 and audit due date is Jan 1, and cert is extended to October 1, isn't it true that the recert audit can take place any time as long as finishes before July 1?

Some are saying that cert is extended but due date stays as is which seems pointless to have extended the cert.

2. qmr1976

qmr1976 Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the COVID extension? If so, I was told by our registrar that even though this extension was issued, companies would have to prove they qualify for the extension. If they don't, original due date stands.

3. Kimberly Creden

Kimberly Creden New Member

Yes, the covid extension. Assuming a company does qualify.

4. qmr1976

qmr1976 Well-Known Member

If a company qualifies for the COVID extension,
    I just went back through our conversations with our registrar, and although we qualified for the extension, they were still wanting us to have our IATF audit so that we were still within our expiration date of our certificate. We are also ISO certified, so the extension didn't apply to that certification. However, we were able to conduct our IATF audit remotely. I think the COVID extension was put in place for extreme circumstances such as no auditors available and/or companies not manufacturing product, due to being shut down. However, I would recommend reaching out to your registrar for further clarification.