1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Reassessment audit of 2008 + transition audit to 2015???

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by The PPAP Assassin, Jan 22, 2018.

1. The PPAP Assassin

The PPAP Assassin Active Member

Hi guys, me again..

So the last audit we had here about a year ago was a surveillance audit of ISO 9001:2008 in which we passed with an unconditional approval..

I just received an email from our ISO auditor with 2 audit plans attached..

1: Reassessment audit to the ISO 9001:2008 standard (2 days )
    2: Transition audit to the ISO 9001:2015 standard (0.5 days)

My question here, which I already sent and email out to the registrar asking.. is how can we get certified to both standards at the same audit??

I have been feverishly changing the QMS here according to the new standard and removing old requirements / procedures/ etc etc from 2008..

I am kind of freaking out now because the bulk of the audit will be for the reassessment of 2008... and I have not been following the specific requirements, using the 2015 standard as my bible...

Waiting to hear his response..

But, is this normal??

Shouldn't the audit be solely the transition to the new standard if we are already 2008 compliant?

:confused:

2. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

Since ISO 2008 eases to exist in several months, I would think you're just subject to a transition audit. No clue what they are doing.

The PPAP Assassin likes this.
  3. The PPAP Assassin

Thinking of calling another registrar to see what they would do.

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

The challenge as I see it is that, depending on the relationship of your auditor to your CB, the auditor can be doing all kinds of silliness, without the CB management knowing. For example, the trans audit program I saw recently showed "engineering" TWICE on the schedule for an organization who are a make to print shop! I'd go straight to the CB and ask them what the heck is going on.

The PPAP Assassin likes this.
  5. The PPAP Assassin

The thing is... I really really really like the CB auditor. Super nice and friendly, easy going guy..

Here is his explanation:

"I think you're reading too much into the new 2015 update. Probably, 80-90% or more of the 2008 info is in the new 2015 standard except their in different section of the new standard. This is the reason for a full 2008 audit.

The new 2015 audit is just a questionnaire/checklist.

I have attached a 2008-2015 Comparison Chart and I also attached my summary of the comparison.

In additional, I attached the questionnaire/checklist that i will use to do the 2015 audit.

Please take a look at them and feel free to call me to help answer any of your questions."

Still scratching my head...

6. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

While he is right there is only a small portion of the standard updated from 2008, it still seems unnecessarily confusing to suggest an audit to an old standard.

7. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Maybe from HIS point of view, but seriously? It's NOT a case of comparing ISO 9001:2008 to 2015. It's a case of comparing what your Organization WAS doing compared to ISO 9001:2015. This is one of the things about what's trotted out, often by auditors. He, of course, has some culpability for your previous QMS. Take for example, internal audits. I see many, many audit programs doing things ONCE a year. That wasn't in 2008 and certainly not 2015. He may be "super nice, friendly" etc., but does he have a clue? BTW - no attachments...

8. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

The CB may have been trying to describe justification for audit time: x days as usual, with x time added for new requirements. If that is the case, it is unfortunate to have made it so confusing. There is not supposed to be any more auditing to the old version.