1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Quality Principles

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by MProd, Apr 8, 2020.

1. MProd

MProd New Member

Hi guys,

Lately I've been reading the book Principles by Ray Dalio (fantastic book by the way, I really recommend it). In this book, Ray explains how he has developed a several amount of Principles that rules his life and his business.

Which are the Principles that you guys would set on your business for improving or maintaining the Quality System, and making a huge impact on the mindset of your team, like Ray Dalio did.

I think this could be an interesting discussion!

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! are you expecting us to go and buy this book or are you going to post what these principles are here, so we'll know them. If you are suggesting the purchase of a book, the thread can and will be deleted. Are you affiliated with the author or publisher?

3. MProd

MProd New Member

Obviously not, the book is a New York Times #1 Bestseller, they don't need my help to sell it :D

Here are the principles, by the way:

https://inside.bwater.com/publications/principles_excerpt.

I thought that it would be a great idea to apply this concept of Principles to the quality world, in order to improve the mindset of the workers.

If you guys decide it's a good idea to close the thread, it's ok. I just wanted to open a discussion that I think could be interesting.

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Everything is worth consideration. I'd put it on the pile of a thousand other such books where people have discovered the road to success...;)
    I'd suggest that his life experience has little to do with workers on a production line trying to create a product to meet customers' needs... Being a hedge fund manager doesn't translate well to screwing parts together all day long.

5. pkfraser

pkfraser Active Member

... but they can screw things up as well as the next person...

Andy Nichols likes this.