1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Quality plan for assembly process

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Manish Sawant, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Manish Sawant

Manish Sawant Member

Hello,

We order different parts of doors (Interior and Exterior wooden doors) from our vendors and assemble them at our facility. I am looking for some advice and opinion on my idea of developing a Quality Plan for our interior doors production line. Is my decision of Quality plan right? or am is there something else?

2. MarkMeer

MarkMeer Well-Known Member

A quality plan should have value to you.

Depending on the complexity of the process, a quality plan may be as simple as a flowchart indicating all the various sub-process inputs and outputs, and the criteria for one sub-process's outputs to be authorized to input into the next sub-process.

Supplement this with a definition of responsibilities, and any other necessary controls, and you should be good to go.

3. MarkMeer

MarkMeer Well-Known Member

I'm attaching a simplified example I quickly sketched out.
    It's by no means complete, but hopefully it'll help give you an idea of what such a flowchart might look like...

Like I say, the purpose is just to outline all the interactions between all the various sub-processes, and the controls applied between them...

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

4. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Although the term "quality plan" is no longer mentioned in the 2015 version, many organizations will still find it valuable for their use. Quality plans can have several forms (as suggested by the last sentence of clause 7.1 of the 2008 version). Construction companies have their "construction execution plan'; schools/universities have their "curriculum or syllabus"; consultancy firms have their "project workplan"; manufacturing companies have their "control plan"; fabrication and assembly companies like yours can make use of "process sheets". Unlike other quality plans, process sheets are being filled out which serve as both guide and record, process sheets usually contain the following information:
    • product description (name, model, code, product number);
    • job order number;
    • customer name;
    • start and end date for accomplishing a particular job order;
    • with Columns for:
      • name of operations or processes that the product will undergo;
      • assigned worker per operation or process;
      • product characteristics that must be inspected per operation/process;
      • the standard or specification of the product characteristic;
      • result of actual measurements/inspections against the standard or specification;
      • disposition on the result of the measurements/inspections with signature of inspector;
      • result of re-verification for reworked items.
    • final approval by QA.
    The intent of process sheets is to demonstrate that all operations/processes were satisfactorily completed against the set of standards/specifications for a particular job order.