1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

QMS Document Management System

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Zareh Tashjian, May 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Zareh Tashjian

Zareh Tashjian New Member

Hi Everyone,

I have built a QMS for our organization using MS Teams and SharePoint.

However, I feel that there may be better tools and 3rd parts software in terms of:

Audit Management
    Compliance Management
    Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA)
    Defect Tracking
    Document Coding & Control
    Internal Departments and Cross Functional (Supplier) Quality Control
    Training Management

I am at the moment looking at various 3rd party tools but would like to see if anyone can recommend a trusted and good option.

SharePoint via MS Teams is ok but needs a lot of customization and is not very easy to use for QMS, would really appreciate any suggestions

Thank you

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I have had a similar search and been unsuccessful so far...

3. qmr1976

qmr1976 Well-Known Member

At my previous job in a similar role, they used MasterControl. We were able to customize it based on different modules we needed. (CAPAs, Change Control, Training, etc.) I believe they are based out of Utah and their customer support was decent. The downside to it was, we had to perform IQs, OQs and PQs (Installation, Operational and Performance Qualifications) to validate the software.

4. Zareh Tashjian

Zareh Tashjian New Member

qmr1976 likes this.
  5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I'll be interested to know your results. Looking at the screen shots and their descriptions of sections of the standard (ISO9001) tell me they fall into the same trap as every other software - it's worsen by people who have little/no experience of QMS implementations.

6. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

MasterControl looks like a lot of well developed modules. They try to tempt us with a lot of name dropping, biggish (no doubt happy) clients and so on.

MomentumSystems didn't have much to show me for document control, calibration or risk management. But one thing I have noticed over the years is organizations getting immersed in proprietary software that is created, sold, and managed by a company that eventually itself gets sold or whatever - then the organization must figure out what to do with all of those processes no longer having apps, and reams of data that do not transfer to other platforms. Lotus Notes comes to mind.

It is my hope that this would not happen with the open source MomentumSystems. It is my further hope that the modules are not terribly complex (I have worked with some pretty scary document control software) and that the organization would be able to customize the modules; I see the usual approaches to risk management, not the range of creative approaches we have available to us.