1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Procedure Audits

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Hayley Hall, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Hayley Hall

Hayley Hall New Member

I have been doing internal branch audits for a while. which I am totally comfortable doing.
    I have now been asked to complete some procedure audits where i will audit my companies own internal procedures in line with ISO9001. I have a few starting points, but wondered if there were any tips to help guide me.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Great question Hayley! When you say you were doing branch audits, can you describe for us what that means? It helps to know how you did those so we can "fill in the gaps" to doing procedure audits...

I'm going to assume that when you say "procedure audits" you are saying the same thing as process audits, since some people say that a procedure is a way to carry out a process.

If so, then you have two basic things you need to have before you can begin, the audit "scope" (whatever the process is to be audited) and then the audit "criteria" (whatever you are checking to see is being implemented - the procedure in tis case) - I'm going to assume this is confirmed as defined for your audit. If not, stop and check.

Then comes the review of the procedure. Does it define the inputs, resources needed, the controls needed and the outputs of the process? You can check to see what additional paperwork is referenced (forms etc) who does the job etc etc. You should also know what the process objectives/goals are. How is the process being measured and so on. To help you, check this blog I wrote a while ago, which I hope will help: https://www.the-center.org/Blog/June-2018/How-Football-Can-Help-with-Auditing-a-Process-Base

Nikki and John C. Abnet like this.