Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Preparing for the ASQ CQE exam

Discussion in 'ASQ, IRCA, IATF, Exemplar & Related Organizations' started by kimi peng, Feb 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alex Lopez

Alex Lopez New Member

I would NOT say that one needs months to pass the ASQ CQE exam. I crammed it all in within 3 days and passed. It’s doable.

My approach was that I registered for the exam one month before my testing date, and purchased the Handbook and the Indiana Council Primer. I waited until the last week before studying for the exam. I took 2 days off from work that last week (5 hours of study each day), studied all day Saturday (20 hours straight), and took the exam that Sunday.

I would echo that pacing oneself during the exam is vital, and having a handbook on hand during the exam is also very helpful. Furthermore, being very conversant with the stats and math portions of the exam is critical. I took 4 practice tests and that helped me get a feel for timing, and how to answer questions accurately and efficiently.

My past experience includes a bachelors in engineering from MIT and 7 years of work experience. (Shout out to my family who got me an approved calculator, and plastic tabs for organizing my material!)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  2. Keeper of the Notes

Keeper of the Notes Member

Yashwanth, did you pass the 1st time? How was your test specifically, easy or hard?

3. Satyananda Kumar Ch

Satyananda Kumar Ch New Member

Hello
    I am a new member joined.I would like to prepare for CRE in March 2020.
    The reference books given in file that are Ok. If any body tojoin share with me it is welcome .
    * CRE Primer (Quality Council of Indiana). Pack of exams
    * Certified Reliability Engineer Handbook (ASQ) from Editor Mark Allen Durivage.