1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Pre-Audit Checklist or Tool??

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by AdenaBurnette, Aug 15, 2016.

1. AdenaBurnette

AdenaBurnette Member

We have been working hard at implementing ISO 9001:2015 and closing the gaps we had found when completing our analysis. We have not yet held a management review; it’s on the to-do list. I have been compiling an “agenda” of items that need to be reviewed and documented for the MR. I am curious as to if there are any pre-audit checklists that are available to assist me with doing a final review to ensure that we are ready for our first internal audit? Is there anything that has been developed for 2015 that works well? Any recommendations as to how to get from “I think we are headed in the right direction” to feeling confident that our approach is getting us where we need to be??? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

2. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Why not use an audit checklist and walk through it on your own or with management or assign them parts of the checklist to walk through on their own?

normzone likes this.
  3. normzone

normzone Well-Known Member

" walk through it on your own or with management or assign them parts of the checklist to walk through on their own "

Double plus good on giving management something to learn...

4. RoxaneB

Shhhh...we don't want to tell management about our secret attempt at knowledge transfer! ;-)

5. ncwalker

ncwalker Well-Known Member

It won't work. It only takes about 3 days for them to forget.

6. AdenaBurnette

AdenaBurnette Member

That's kind of what I am in search of - a good audit checklist for 2015.

7. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Adena: Can I spoil your thought by saying there is no such thing? Simply put, the "best" there is is to take the 2015 standard and turn it into questions!. I'd ask what you are trying to accomplish here. Using an audit in the manner you describe isn't helpful in the long run. What's needed is is for management to understand the differences to what they have now, implement the differences 2015 requires and then you to audit your management system to confirm compliance. Doing an audit to 2015 without these steps will simply result in a failing grade which management won't understand how they got - because they didn't know what to study.

8. RoxaneB

You indicate that you have not yet done a management review but then say you want to be ready for your first internal audit. I thought you were looking for a way to help get management up to speed AND confirm that you were ready to do your first internal audit. I didn't realize that you actually wanted an audit checklist.

As Andy said, flip the standard into questions. You may not find something like that here due to copyright and/or confidentiality issues.

Personally, I like taking the standard having management put in what they think are the proper responses (and what they think is being done). Then when you do an audit, any discrepancies can be quite enlightening. :)

9. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Andy and Roxane are right. Use the standard as your guide. You don't need to perform a pre-audit prior to your first internal audit. There's no value in it. Equip your internal auditors with the proper understanding of the requirements of the standard and the necessary knowledge and skills to carry out and document their tasks. Address their findings and run subsequent rounds of internal audits. By doing this, you'll have a way better chance of filling the gaps than employing a pre-internal audit checklist.