1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Plating Cert and Letter of conformity

Discussion in 'APQP and PPAP' started by Aman M, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Aman M

Aman M New Member

Can anyone help me with understanding the difference between a Plating Cert and Letter of conformity from the Plating supplier. Can these be substituted for an actual Salt Spray Test, if required on a PPAP.

2. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

It's going to depend on what your customer is looking for and how much they understand plating. The cert just says they did what they said they where going to do -- plate to a certain specification. The salt spray test is an actual test of the plating bath to ensure that it provided sufficient protection. I have had customers who wanted both. I think many platers do salt spray tests regularly as a way of monitoring/proving their chemistry, so you might be able to substitute those results for a test on actual parts. Like I said, it will all depend. There is also a CQI-11 plating system assessment they might ask for.